Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Owww!

Our car is C-R-A-P. It's a 1995 Buick with power locks that randomly, on occassion stop working. OK it's not like the transmission's on its last legs (I hope) and the alignment is good despite hitting 6 crooked speed bumps at 20MPH 6 times a day to get to and from my apartment. I'm just mad because I had the bright idea that maybe one of the fuses was jostled by the speed bumps. So I went to push on all the fuses and these metal battery looking things which turns out were freakin' hot!!! I've been branded! The tip of my right index finger is now callused, sore, and imprinted "30 V." I'd take a picture, but my camera can't get in focus close enough. Anyway, it's slowed the pace of the my fingerless garter stitch mitts from the One Skein book by Liegh Radford. They are my "just for me" project to reward myself for the holiday rush. I'm half way though the first one.

I'm knitting them up out of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock yarn in the now discontinued Ravenswood colorway. Oh and that might look like a spagetti noodle, but it's really a 2.25 mm bamboo needle. I am totally phobic about snapping them! They are not easy to find, but thank goodness for my LYS. Even if Jennifer doesn't have more in stock she can always order more.

Oh and good news! After seeing all the cool stuff that I made as gifts with crochet, my best friend Lisa has decided to take up the hook again. She taught herself a while back but never really committed to it, same goes for me teaching her to knit. So I gave her an H hook and a book, The Cool Girl's Guide to Crochet by Nicki Trench. Now I'll just sit back and wait for the magic!

No comments: