Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Ah, the First Completed Projects of the New Year

The fingerless garter mitts from the One Skein book are finally done. I finished the second one on the 1st and sewed them up the next morning. I got to show them off at the tuesday S&B at Wild Fibre.


I also stopped putting it off and finally finished the basket weave scarf that I started for my mom back in November. It wasn't difficult or boring, it's just that I kept putting it off to finish the local people's X-mas gifts (yes, I know, I'm a bad daughter). I used Louisa Harding Kashmir Aran Color #6. It's a wonderfully soft braided yarn, so it's split resistant. I chose this yarn for my mom since she is somewhat "sensitive" to wool and it is a cashmir/ microfiber/ merino blend. She'll never be able to tell that there's wool in it. HA! She lives in LA, so I made it short. I'll either make or find a nice little brooch so that she can pin it loosely around her neck.

No comments: