Sunday, January 7, 2007

Runagogo

The other day I signed up for Runagogo , the fitness challenge by knitters for knitters: 100 miles by April 1st. I found out about it on a link on the Adam Knits! blog. I have to say that it is a fabulous idea! I was a avid runner for the first half of 2006. I'm lucky to live in a city that hosts so many 5K's. But in May it got too ridiculously hot, and with that the racing season ended, as did some of my enthusiam for running. The gym at my school was recently renovated with all new fitness gear, but without the races I stopped pushing myself like I had before. Then I took up crochet, then knitting and, well, that hobby is the antithesis of training for races. So I am very glad that this came about. No longer do I have to wrestle with conflicting hobbies (not that the truly conflict, never blame the yarn!). Yesterday I got in my first 2.1 miles and today I made Lifetime at my WeightWatchers meeting. So far this yea is off to a good start! I think I'll go treat myself to a WW ice cream sandwich now.

No comments: